The Best Summer Gazpacho with Collagen
Gazpacho is, essentially, cold tomato soup… which might not sound as appetizing if you’ve never had it before but, let me assure you, good gazpacho is the stuff of dreams. A food staple in Spain, gazpacho takes fresh garden veggies and beautifully ripe tomatoes and combines them into a chilled, delicious dish that is perfect for summer. If you’re the type to grow tomatoes at home, this recipe will be even better because you get to use your own tasty tomatoes. Otherwise, the key to a good gazpacho is buying the best and ripest tomatoes you can get ahold of because they are the star of the dish!
This gazpacho recipe celebrates summer by incorporating some of the freshest summer flavors; cucumber, red bell pepper, and basil combine with the tomatoes for a heavenly experience. This recipe also requires zero cooking skills because the only tool you really need is your blender so it is a fast and easy dish.
Our gazpacho is made even more amazing because we mix in a daily dose of Traditional Tonic Nourishing Collagen, a collagen supplement that promotes a healthy gut, healthy joints, and beautiful hair, skin, and nails. Between the benefits and the taste, you won’t want to miss summer dish.
Adapted from: Cookie and Kate
- 2 1/2 pounds ripe tomatoes, chopped (we suggest Roma)
- 1 Medium shallot, chopped
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and chopped (remove seeds)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 3 scoops Traditional Tonic Nourishing Collagen
- Prepare all ingredients and place half of the tomatoes, shallot, cucumber, and bell pepper in your blender
- Add vinegar, olive oil, garlic, basil, and Traditional Tonic to the blender and blend until the mixture is completely smooth
- Add in the rest of the tomatoes, shallot, cucumber, and bell pepper to the blender and blend for just 30 seconds to break down the ingredients slightly but leave the mixture slightly chunky
- Chill gazpacho in the fridge for 2 hours before serving
- We suggest serving garnished with fresh basil, cucumber, and chives