Savory French Onion Collagen Dip
When winter comes, I like to make my health foods a little more savory. Whereas in summer I love dipping vegetables or chips in dill veggie dip, those bright and refreshing flavors can be too much in the winter. At this time of year, I much prefer the richer flavors of French onion dip. French onion dip takes slightly more preparation than some vegetable dips but that work is so worth the end result! This recipe turns out a flavorful and creamy dip that is great with just about anything. You will find yourself eating more veggies than usual just to have an excuse to eat this.
Our French onion dip recipe is made with Greek yogurt to make it guilt free and, of course, it’s loaded with collagen! The Traditional Tonic Nourishing Collagen in this French onion dip has wide-ranging benefits and putting it in this dip makes it easy to get your collagen each day. You could spread this dip on crackers, scoop it up with celery, or dip some fresh red pepper in; French onion dip is delicious no matter how you use it.
Makes: 2 Cups
- 3 onions, diced
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp. Worcester sauce
- 1 tsp. brown mustard
- 3 scoops Traditional Tonic Nourishing Collagen
- In a skillet, sauté onions in butter and olive oil 15-20 minutes over medium heat, until caramelized to a deep brown. Be sure to salt to taste.
- Stir in the Worcester sauce and garlic, cook for one minute
- Once the onions are cool, mix with all other ingredients in a bowl
- Add salt and pepper to taste, chill before serving