Protein-Packed Granola Bars
Pre- and post-gym nutrition is incredibly important. Of course you need healthy fuel to get you through your workout, but you also need protein and amino acids to support and heal your muscles. Planning out the right snack can be difficult which is why so many active types reach for protein bars or bites. But store-bought protein bars can be overly-processed as well as pricey. Why not make your own at home?
These no-bake, protein-packed granola bars are healthy, gluten free, and easy to make. Then you can just grab one on your way to or from the gym and know that you’re set. Gym & Tonic contains all of the proteins and amino acids you need to improve your strength and muscle-health as well as collagen to support your joints and promote full-body wellness. These granola bars are a delicious and simple solution to your gym-snack conundrums.
- 1 1/4 cups pitted date
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup toasted, chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup honey or agave nectar
- 1/4 cup creamy almond butter
- 6 scoops Gym & Tonic
- Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper and set aside
- In a food processor, process dates into very small bits—may form a dough-like consistency
- In a large mixing bowl, mix oats, dates, almonds, pistachios, cranberries, and Gym & Tonic until well combined
- In a small saucepan, warm almond butter and honey until warm and combined.
- Pour almond butter and honey mixture over the dry ingredients and stir all together to combine well
- Transfer your mixture to your parchment-lined pan and press down firmly until it fills the pan at an equal thickness
- Cover with more parchment paper and refrigerate for 30 minutes
- Remove from fridge and pan, cut into bars, and store in a Tupperware. Can be stored in the freezer to last longer.