Baked Grapefruit with Maple Collagen Yogurt
Grapefruit seems to be one of those fruits people either love or hate, but we've got a recipe sure to be pleasing to nearly all! Although baking a citrus fruit may sound strange, baking grapefruit actually makes it sweeter and juicier, cutting down the bitterness and making it more palatable for those who don’t like it raw. This recipe takes that a step further by topping it with brown sugar and pairing it with a maple collagen yogurt. This pairing is sweet without being cloying and light without leaving you feeling hungry.
Grapefruit is a strong source of Vitamins A and E and eating grapefruit in the morning can jump-start your metabolism leading to burning more calories throughout the day. Yogurt can be a source of protein and includes calcium, vitamins, and probiotics beneficial to gut health. Add to that our gut nourishing collagen and you've got yourself a truly balanced breakfast.
One grapefruit, halved
2 tsp. brown sugar
1 cup greek yogurt (plain works best)
2 tsp. maple syrup
1 scoop Traditional Tonic Nourishing Collagen
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Remove obvious seeds from grapefruit halves and place them cut-side-up on the baking sheet
- Sprinkle each half with brown sugar and bake for 15 minutes or until golden
- As the grapefruit is baking, mix the yogurt, maple syrup, and Traditional Tonic in a bowl until well-combined. Taste and adjust as needed.
- Serve your grapefruit topped with the yogurt or scoop the grapefruit out of the rind into the yogurt, depending on your preference