Frozen Blueberry Collagen Yogurt Bites
It’s the time of the year when I am constantly looking for light and fruity snacks and this snack is perfect for a warm summer afternoon. I love frozen blueberries by themselves but this recipe gives them a little extra sweetness and some extra protein by dipping them in a mixture of vanilla yogurt, cinnamon, and Traditional Tonic Nourishing Collagen.
With only four ingredients, these blueberry yogurt bites are easy and quick to make. The only thing that takes a little time is dipping each blueberry individually in the yogurt but you could change it up and save time by rolling all of the blueberries in the yogurt and then creating clusters of four or five berries. Either option tastes great.
This snack also serves as a great way to get some energy and protein. By mixing in Traditional Tonic Nourishing Collagen, you add 10 grams of protein that can help fuel your day. Plus, Traditional Tonic’s collagen helps to support the health of your joints, hair, skin, nails, and even brain. Talk about a multi-talented snack!
You are also welcome to change up the recipe. It’s so simple you can switch out yogurt flavors and additional ingredients without any trouble. Try changing your vanilla yogurt out for coconut yogurt for an even brighter flavor.
- 5-6 oz fresh or frozen blueberries (if fresh, freeze before continuing with recipe)
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 scoop Traditional Tonic Nourishing Collagen
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- In a bowl, mix together the yogurt, collagen, and cinnamon
- Using a toothpick, dip the frozen blueberries into the mixture one-by-one and lay on wax paper on a cookie sheet or plate
- Freeze for an hour
- Transfer to an air-tight container if you have leftovers